Discovery Tails Labradoodle Breeder in Sequim, Washington
Signed in as:
We are looking for a guardian for a Female from Ginger or Rosie's litter. It will be a miniature red labradoodle with a black nose and grow up to be 17-22 pounds. Read about guardian homes below. Basically we give you the dog for life but we have breeding rights. She would be bred 3 times and come to our home for whelping and raising of the puppies. She would be at our house for 7-8 weeks. The guardian needs to live on the Olympic Peninsula, Gig Harbor or Tacoma.
Why Use Guardian Homes?
We believe all dogs deserve to be in a loving home and not have to live in a kennel. Because of this, our Australian Labradoodles will be either members of our family or live with another family that will provide them the love and attention they need. Because we are committed to producing the highest quality Australian Labradoodle puppies we can, we raise the offspring in our home, where they are loved and handled by adults and children before they go to their forever homes. In order to expand our breeding program, we need the help of qualified Guardian Homes willing to raise breeding dogs for us in their homes with all of the love and care that we would give them if we could keep them all ourselves!
What Is A Guardian Home?
We give you a dog for life. We have breeding rights only. He or she will be your furever dog.
Females are bred three times between 18 months of age and 4 years old. and males are bred a few times year from 1 year old until infertile at about 5 or 6 years old.
A Guardian Home is a person or family that is home most of the day and would be available for breeding in our home.
Guardians must agree to follow the conditions set forth in the contract. When the dog is retired from breeding, the dog is spayed or neutered and the contract expires. The dog then remains with the Guardian Home for life.
What Are The Benefits To You?
You will receive the finest quality breeding puppy chosen by the breeder to be your forever companion for FREE. We pay breeding related expenses only. The guardian is responsible for day to day expenses, feeding, training, veterinary care, etc.
Requirements of Guardian Homes:
1. Live within one and a half hours of Sequim, WA on the Olympic Peninsula, Port Townsend, Kitsap, Gig Harbor or Tacoma.
2. Have dependable transportation. May require driving to vet appointments or dropping off at Discovery Tails Labradoodles.
3. Have sufficient income to care for a dog. We pay all breeding costs
4. Provide a drug and smoke-free environment.
5. Provide a fully fenced yard. (No invisible fencing)
6. Provide daily exercise
7. Provide professional obedience training. The dog should be able to sit, come, stay, down, off and heel by 6 months old. He or she should be crate trained and comfortable riding in a car in a crate. He/she should be Leash trained without pulling on the leash.
8. Provide proper socialization to people, children, and other dogs.
9. Provide grooming at least every 2 months by a professional groomer and maintain a labradoodle cut.
10. Provide regular health and veterinary care, including annual exams and required vaccinations.
11. Communicate with us about any concerns about health or behavioral concerns of the dog.
12. Females: Be willing to transport the dog to us for visits so she comfortable in our home when she comes for whelping.
13. Transportation to the vet for immunizations, exams and tests. I will find a vet close to you.
You would be required to leave your female for 7 weeks for whelping and weaning of puppies on 3 occasions for three litters in 3 years time. It could be once or twice a year for a maximum of 3 litters.
Males - We would breed him 1 - 6 times a year. Each time we breed, we need him 2 or 3 times to breed multiple times to the same female. He would usually come to our home for an hour or so each breeding. Males need to live in Clallam or Jefferson Counties or Silverdale.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in becoming a Guardian Home, please submit an application and put in the comments that you are interested in being a guardian. We would be happy to email you a copy of our standard Guardian Home agreement to review and references of some of our guardian families.